Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

A great, albeit cold, start to 2009! As is my tradition, I spent all day January 1st in the studio. It was so good to get my hands muddy after the long hiatus I took for the holidays!

My main New Year's resolution is to spend more time in the studio. I have a tendency to work in spurts and then goof off. I suppose I'm "recharging" during those goffing off periods, but I've come to the conclusion that I need to establish a pattern of working every day.

I have been helping my husband pack up his parent's house to sell and I have come across a lot of doillies and old lace. Unfortunately, it's been packed away for so many years (we think it was his grandmother who made it!) that it's not looking very good. However, I think I can use it in the studio to imprint patterns in the clay. So stay tuned! We'll see what I can come up with in the days ahead!

2 comments:

Judi Tavill said...

Happy Happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! The imprints sound like a really cool idea. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)