Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's going on?

Not much is going on. Just trying to stay warm. I'm really all done with this cold, gray weather. That's why I'm leaving tomorrow for a 10-day trip "home" to Uruguay. I feel better just googling the weather there... in the 80s and sunny: just what the doctor ordered!

I have been busy making lots of berry bowls and some yarn bowls, as usual. I'm also trying my hand at making essential oil diffusers. I tried 3 designs and will leave it up to the customer who asked me to make them to tell me which one works best. I really enjoy these collaborations with my customers!

I also tried my hand at making a house. Unfortunately it wasn't ready in time to enter it into the Etsy Mud Team Challenge, but I really had fun making it, although I don't know how it will look glazed. I think I'll be trying my hand at more of these in the future. BTW, voting in the challenge goes on until midnight on March 2, so go vote and get a 20% discount coupon for participating Etsy potters (including Glynt Pottery)!
  
The other I did was to, finally, test all my glazes against each other. I think I have 130-something test tiles. Now I have a sample of what every glaze look like underneath and on top of every other glaze. I don't know why I never did this before! 

 

No comments: