Friday, January 10, 2014

Patterns and Texture

 I've been thinking about patterns and textures and reincorporating them into my pottery. I say "re"incorporating because I used a lot of texture when I first started doing pottery. Because it took quite a bit of time to master the wheel, I did a lot of handbuilding at the beginning and handbuilding really lends itself to texture. So, I went around the house and snapped some pictures of textures and patterns around my house that make me happy. I also started taking Jane Cullum's pottery class again for some much-needed community and cross-pollination of ideas. And, because things all come together when I'm on the right track, Jane's first assignment was making small boxes w/ patterned lids! Looking forward to what 2014 will bring!

No comments: