Saturday, December 6, 2008

Falls Church Holiday Show~~Day 1~~

Day 1 of the 2-day Falls Church Holiday Show was a great success!

The show has many great things going for it.
  1. I was able to set up the night before and that really makes a big difference because it removes all the stress of rushing about to have everything ready before the crowds arrive.

  2. There are two vendor areas, the (larger) gym and the (smaller, more intimate) seniors center, upstairs. I was a little apprehensive about being in the smaller of the two areas because there were only 5 of us there. However, the lighting was much better, there was more room for customers to mill about, the bathroom was right outside [ :) ], there was a microwave oven (so I could drink as much hot tea as I wanted to!), and it was cozier and less echo-y than the gym. All of these are major ++++ in my book!

  3. The show is very well advertised and, contrary to my fears (because of the state of the economy) it was very well attended, all day long... there was hardly a lull!

  4. They provide a complimentary continental breakfast for vendors.

  5. They have yummy lunch for sale at very reasonable prices.

  6. Parking and unloading are easy and hassle-free.
My wonderful daughter, Bibi, spent the day with me and was a tremendous help. I met some really nice people, including another Etsian. One of my old customers paid me a visit. And... I bought a pair of fabulous earrings!! More on all this next time... for now, here's a photo of my set up.

No comments: